A few questions into one

Anyone with an experience with acupuncture or thoughts?....I have an old college mate, he's fully licensed, and he'll do my treatments just for co-pay.....Any any thoughts of those heated socks for the feet that pulsate like TENS, but act differently....ReBuild?.....I didn't get relief from Anodyne during phys. therapy.....Finally, Dr's , esp, the first surgeon kept referring to the bottoms of my feet symptom as Numbness.... Numbness to me is getting the shot from the dentist, then pressing against that site, and there's no feeling....I continually corrected it with HEAVINESS, and he just laughed and said--"Ok Chuck, as you like, it's heaviness"...He ran his fingers all across the bottoms of my feet and I felt it all.I still do!!!!..So, I know it's a stupid question, but is there a difference!!!!....Thanks and best wishes to all!!

Hi Chuckk;

I've had no experience with Acupuncture; I might try it if had opportunity. I have had acupressure used and it is effective. The best thing I've found for pain, numbness, and soreness is massage therapy. I have had deep tissue massage and different therapists have different techniques but so far the best thing I can do for over all well being with CMT is by far, massage therapy. Next best thing has been a little machine called a CHI machine;< http://www.energywellnessproducts.com/chimachine.htm&gt; It was a miracle for me in regaining some balance. It stimulates circulation, and realigns your spine and actually 5 min. on it is said to be the equivalent benefits as running 1 1/2 mi. without the stress to the body. I would definitely try the acupuncture and note the affects to your body good or bad. Any exercise should be monitored and for CMT sometimes those kinds of stimulation would be like exercise. If you are sore for more than two hours after wards it might be over stimulation and need adjusting what is done and for how long.

Keep us posted and Good Luck! CM

BTW most of the time I would agree with your "heaviness" over "numbness". When your feet are "a sleep" you do still have feeling but people might say it's a numb feeling or tingling feeling. We all perceive certain feelings differently. Either way sensation is impaired!

chuck, I don't have CMT, but I did acupuncture for about a year after the last car accident, when the autoimmune button was switched on, and it helped. The car riding is very difficult for me to handle anymore. By the time I get there and back, it's like I never went!

I would recommend it, especially since you have a known trusted friend taking care of you!

Hello again and thanks....The site you mentioned is down and I can't find it anywhere, except there are other brands...What model did you get?....I see anywhere from 80 to 300 dollars.....Have a nice day.....Chuck

CM said:

Hi Chuckk;

I've had no experience with Acupuncture; I might try it if had opportunity. I have had acupressure used and it is effective. The best thing I've found for pain, numbness, and soreness is massage therapy. I have had deep tissue massage and different therapists have different techniques but so far the best thing I can do for over all well being with CMT is by far, massage therapy. Next best thing has been a little machine called a CHI machine;< http://www.energywellnessproducts.com/chimachine.htm&gt; It was a miracle for me in regaining some balance. It stimulates circulation, and realigns your spine and actually 5 min. on it is said to be the equivalent benefits as running 1 1/2 mi. without the stress to the body. I would definitely try the acupuncture and note the affects to your body good or bad. Any exercise should be monitored and for CMT sometimes those kinds of stimulation would be like exercise. If you are sore for more than two hours after wards it might be over stimulation and need adjusting what is done and for how long.

Keep us posted and Good Luck! CM

BTW most of the time I would agree with your "heaviness" over "numbness". When your feet are "a sleep" you do still have feeling but people might say it's a numb feeling or tingling feeling. We all perceive certain feelings differently. Either way sensation is impaired!

Chuckk;

The original company designed the chi is the one I got Sun-Ancon and it is $499 It is worth the money I tried others and definitely not same results. It is expensive but more than several years now actually since my diagnosis in 1997; it saved me on chiropractic care; my family members use it for sinus infection and for pain in back and muscles so we all benefit.

Thank you so much for your reply!.....I'll look into it....Today, my feet felt like they weighed 50 pounds instead of the usual 10...And actually, yesterday was a great day....What a vicious opponent!....God bless all....Chuck

LOL Vivious Opponent for sure; What I keep telling myself is evidently I am a worthy opponent; I "have" CMT it Does not HAVE me . . . yet!