CIDP and Insurance claim

Hi there, I’m new to this site and I hope that I’m posting in the right area? I live in the UK and I’ve had CIDP for 10+ years and during that time I’ve slowly deteriorated, I now wear SAFOs to help with my foot drop, which are fab as I’d tried everything else. I’m currently on a drug regime of Prednisolone and Methotrexate, which although has slowed things down, I’m now unable to work and currently my employer is looking to retire me on Ill Heath grounds :slight_frown: Although with CIDP being such a rare disease, it’s going to be a long drawn out process. I’m now looking at claiming against my Critical Illness insurance, but I think that will be another battle! Has anyone else on here managed to make a successful claim?

Aw @Shrimps what a frustrating situation to be in. I did a quick search for “Critical Illness Insurance” in our discussions, but didn’t come up with anything :frowning: Searching for just insurance found some hits, but it may take sorting through to find anything useful.

Hopefully another member will read this and have some insight. Let us know how it goes.

CG

Welcome and we are hearing your concern and are here to support you!

CIDP is not easy to teach others what you are going through, whether it be employers, insurance companies or just family and friends.

The best things to do is read and learn all you can about the disease. Ask others what they have experienced. Don’t get discouraged because this is a disease that sucks and attacks each of us different. Your symptoms are going to change every day and I pray they change for the better with the right meds. Mine did with the right IVIG.

Start your insurance claims now. Don’t wait. They take time. Be prepared with lots of documents to prove you have had the tests to document your diagnosis. They will ask over and over.

Let me know how you are doing. The community is here to help.

Ross

1 Like