Diabetic neuropathy in a day

Diabetic neuropathy over night!. But it is CIDP!

Last Monday I swam 2 miles, got out of the pool, pounded on my chest and did Tarzan yells... Then the next day, Tuesday, I had instant advanced diabetic neuropthies and all the other advanced symptoms of DM disabilities of weakness, unsteady gait and now I have to walk with a cane . Or, until this new dose of IvIG takes effect and I am remyelinated.This defines CIDP.

I now think of remyelinization as internal wound care of mutilated nerve fibers, on the nano scale, and this repair isvery rapid... if T cells or autoimmune functions are inhibited or suppressed.

This was an overnight relapse from being without IvIG for four weeks (at 240 grams'/month). The demylination of my myelin; a vicious and rapid attack of my T cells on myelin within hours. I could not believe how fast it happened and how incapacitated I became.

I think this is what is so confusing to neurologists, sudden DM like incapacitating neuropathies, which confirm CIDP if they happen within the 8-12 week timeframe for CIDP. However, not all persons with CIDP realize the onset parameters, knowing very little about DM or CIDP.

A rapid onset or rapid relapse confirms a diagnoses of CIDP, not DM

Sorry about the relapse, estaban.. I hope your recovery is equally rapid. Thank you for the informative post.

My Dr. Estaban explanation is incorrect. The de/de myelinzation process takes many hours or days, and when complete the axon is in full capacitance with functional myelin sheaths then allows the action-potentials.

This explains it very well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj_F9GADa4

dancermom said:

Sorry about the relapse, estaban.. I hope your recovery is equally rapid. Thank you for the informative post.