Diet and CIDP

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any success in reducing symptoms by trying particular diets - wheat free, dairy free, etc.?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Hi Roosevelt. Gluetin free is a great way to help reduce inflamation. There is an online magazine called "IGliving", it's free and you can subscribe to get it in your email or just go and brouwse thru back issues. Every issue brings me some little bit of information I didn't know before. Sometimes on diet or exercise or just someone's story. Give it a try.

Good question Andrew. I started juicing again. I was doing it a while back and definitely saw a difference, but as always I fell off. My daughter has autoimmune issues and the gluten free diet made the most impact, of course getting a kid to comply is not easy. I tend to eat like crap ( im so guilty lol), but at this point im desperate and will try anything. If you here of anything good, please fill us in.

we have been on an elimination diet for three weeks now. will let you know. But, it's going well so far.

I can say that when I discipline myself and lay off bread, pasta, anything basically with flour, or high carbs,, I feel a lot better. I have found the best I have ever felt was when I have used Medi-Fast, fasted for spiritual strength and physical benefits, and prayed. For me, that's what works. I think one needs to be "lead" to do that and of course, check with doctor.

js121499 said:

Good question Andrew. I started juicing again. I was doing it a while back and definitely saw a difference, but as always I fell off. My daughter has autoimmune issues and the gluten free diet made the most impact, of course getting a kid to comply is not easy. I tend to eat like crap ( im so guilty lol), but at this point im desperate and will try anything. If you here of anything good, please fill us in.

thanks for that resource Lou, I'm gonna try it.

Lou in NH said:

Hi Roosevelt. Gluetin free is a great way to help reduce inflamation. There is an online magazine called "IGliving", it's free and you can subscribe to get it in your email or just go and brouwse thru back issues. Every issue brings me some little bit of information I didn't know before. Sometimes on diet or exercise or just someone's story. Give it a try.

Thank to everyone for responding, and to Lou in NH for pointing me to IGliving - it looks like an excellent resource. I also like, I'm afraid, junk food, but I'm going to try going gluten/whet free. I'll report back on progress.

All best wishes,

Andrew

Hi Roosevelt,

I know what you mean, as I mentioned my weakness is pasta and bread things. I'm not too good on the discipline trail with those and have to really work at eliminating most of them a lot of the time. It seems something in carbs like that really make it harder to function, walk without pain, etc.

Lori said:

Hi Roosevelt,

I know what you mean, as I mentioned my weakness is pasta and bread things. I'm not too good on the discipline trail with those and have to really work at eliminating most of them a lot of the time. It seems something in carbs like that really make it harder to function, walk without pain, etc.

Hi All,

Some 10 years ago before CIDP I had chronic arthritis pain to the point wheer I could not shake hands or bump myself in any way without having excruciating pain.

I tried many things but finally a dietician set me a diet, wheat free, excluding all spicy and tasty things , minimum salt and sugar and in fact bland ... fish , apples , water ( definitely not PORT) etc and lo and behold I had a remarkable turnaround in 2 weeks.Over the years I have lapsede but with CIDP pain is not my major concern . I should add that I also take 6 Panadol Osteo every day and somtimes the max 8.