Dose anyone have problems with really bad headaches

im haveing really bad stress head aches.everyday.startting from when i get up.then at night

Hi John, I get horrible headaches and my neuro thinks they are stress related also. I am on 50mgs of Topamax 3x daily for them and it works great. I also take that for the involuntary movements (seizures) that I tend to have in my sleep. I wish you relief from them, I know they can be excruciating at times. Best of luck, Char <><

No - but a totally non-professional observation. Sometimes headaches are due to dehydration so I suggest you do a quick review of how much water you are drinking (and passing). HOWEVER - also beware of drinking too much water (it is possible to die) and ensure that you get an electrolyte balance going - you might need to add salts.

I get really bad headaches, though they are not stress related. My Neuro has said they are because of my treatment, IVIG, I always get worse headaches when my IVIG is due, a week or two before, and for about a week after. Though as I've had the disease longer the better they are getting

I get a mild headache and a little nausea immediately after IVIg - lasts a few hours at most.

charlotte_1996 said:

I get really bad headaches, though they are not stress related. My Neuro has said they are because of my treatment, IVIG, I always get worse headaches when my IVIG is due, a week or two before, and for about a week after. Though as I've had the disease longer the better they are getting

I don't normally get too bad headaches straight after, normally its a day or two after, but I have been on IVIG since I was 2 so for 14 years now so I am very used to the treatment.

Michael C Stark said:

I get a mild headache and a little nausea immediately after IVIg - lasts a few hours at most.

charlotte_1996 said:

I do, I have intracranial hypertension and I also get seizures at night ( when the brain pressure is at its highest). This issue started when the cidp did. Here is a lnk on it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22941356 not saying you have that, but maybe even sleep apnea

I was getting headaches and back pain after IVGG. Initially they switched brands the back pains improved, but I still had headaches, even with ^ed oral hydration the day before and day of IVGG. I still ^ oral hydration and now I get 500 ml IV Normal Saline over 1 hr pre IVGG. I have been very fortunate the added IV has eliminated the headaches as long as the IVGG is infused slowly. My infusion nurse actually suggested this to the neurologist, who cleared that I was able to tolerate a fast infusion of saline.

Thanks for replys. Stress headaches aren’t from stress.it is from nurve damage and arthritis and so other things.the problem is i don’t get iv treatments .i don’t have any health insurance so my Nero doctor is doing everything she can .so my treatments are really different then everyone else.so the quality of care that i get is nothing like everyone else gets.my doctor takes very good care of me but she dose not get alot of choices.thank you everyone for your support.

I also get bad headaches and slight nausea the day of the infusion. I try to drink as much water as I can tolerate( I began adding some fresh picked mint to the water it seems to help) When I get headaches between infusions it is usually because I have over worked myself and not eaten enough throughout the day.

nice job starting a discussion john!

John, Im not on IVig. Im allergic to the solutions. My headaches are stress no question. The amount of stress in my life at this very moment has actually landed me in the hospital with stroke like symptoms. To give you some background, I have walked miles (literally) in your shoes without insurance for 3 1/2 yrs because my hubby lost his job in the medical field w/EXCELLENT insurance. I have had to do the so, so care myself and it stinks.I doctored at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio with 1 of the best neuros in the USA and her hands were tied because of the insurance issues. There are patient assistant programs to help with drugs such as Cell-cept which is over $1,000.00 a month. I wish you luck with this. ~Charolette~

john.mcc said:

Thanks for replys. Stress headaches aren't from stress.it is from nurve damage and arthritis and so other things.the problem is i don't get iv treatments .i don't have any health insurance so my Nero doctor is doing everything she can .so my treatments are really different then everyone else.so the quality of care that i get is nothing like everyone else gets.my doctor takes very good care of me but she dose not get alot of choices.thank you everyone for your support.

Thanks every one.the doctor put me on zanaflex.it’s a muscle relaxes.the other problem im having is i only work 24 hrs a week.so having trouble paying doctor bill.now my doctor works with a hospital she can’t help me with the payments.i had a bill for $560. And she payed it all.but now she can’t help with that.

Thanks every one
God bless all of u guys.
Remember no one is alone.
If u are new to this group the people here do care and understand what u are going through.