Editing Profile Information

Greetings from CIDPville!! I hope everyone is doing well, and staying healthy! I’m having trouble editing my profile. Changing profile pictures is easy enough, but there doesn’t seem to be any editing of profile name and information. Does anyone have any experience with editing on this website? Thank you in advance!! Jack

Hey Jack,
My name is Merl I’m a member of the Modsupport Team at Ben’s Friends.
I’m gonna ‘try’ to assist you and I hope we can get it sorted.
On the right hand side of the solid green bar you’ll see your Avatar. Click it.
A dropdown menu will appear. On the top line of the dropdown you’ll see your name.
Click on your name. Now, you should have another dropdown menu.
2nd from the bottom is a title ‘Preferences’. Click it.
This should now take you to your own page.
At the left side ‘Account’ should be bolded, just to the right of that you should see ‘Username’ with your name underneath. Beside your user name is a small symbol of a pencil. Click on it.
This should now allow you to change your username in the space provided.
And please do let me know if this doesn’t work, we have a ‘techy’ man on our team (well, more techy than me :wink: ) he maybe able to assist if this doesn’t work.

Hope it helps,
Merl from the Modsupport Team

Thank you Merl! I’m gonna try that right now!

Nope, didn’t work. I only see two edit pencils. One next to my avatar, and one next to my email address.

Hey Buster, did you ever get the changes done on your profile?

Let us know if we can help.

S

Never did, so I am trying to create a new account.

Buster, I don’t know why you weren’t able to get to the screen where you could change your user name. Log in, go to this page and there it is, with the pencil:

Our system has various ways of detecting a duplicate account, and it didn’t like your good idea, sorry. :tired_face: I thought of changing Buster to WildBjarkeJack, and then thought I’d check with you first. Is that the name you want?

I’m sorry Merl’s previous instructions didn’t do the trick. Did you know that there is help instructions under the tab “New User Help”?

If you’d like me to do the change for you, I’ll happily do so. Just let me know. Otherwise, I don’t think you will find it too difficult to accomplish it yourself.

Seenie from ModSupport