Hi everyone- I feel i owe this forum a story

Hi'

10 years ago, when my husband was sick as a dog ( 3 months in ICU 5 months ih hospital rehab) I recieved a lot of support from this forum. About a year after our illness my husband was left with facial palsy, weak hands, drop feet, sleep apnea and depression. My husband could back then and can still- walk ( pulling his feet with his knees) , eat with no problem( uses his hand to close the mouth sometimes) , but can not smile or do specific tasks with his hands. His kisses used to be weak because of low tone in his lips.

I remmember reading then, in this forum, about a guy who wrote that 10 years after his illness he began to run!!

As we did not see any further physical regaining of function with my husband- i didnt understand how there could be such changes in ability after such a long time.

during the years my husband wes helped a lot by " Feldenkries tx". I kind of therapy that teaches you how to use your body in alternative ways. He is still on an anti-depressant. He recently agreed to use CPAP for sleep apnea- which helped a lot with his fatigue.

With all this there were small advances in function- nothing dramatic.

Saying all that- The same thing that happened to the guy from the forum happened to us!!!

half a year ago he was in a basketball court and saw that he can do a "step and a half"

After that he tried to run and by now he can RUN already maybe a mile on the beach.In addition noticed the tone of the muscles his lips improved.

I hope this story ill give addional slow recovereres additional hope.

Good night from ISRAEL.

C.