Ivig

After taking IvIG treatment how long does it
Take to notice difference in symptoms,how
You feel,etc. I have not been treated yet.
Please tell me your experience.

Hi Cage!

As the month went along after my first round, I noticed the change in my feet and hands. Letting go too long before the 2nd, there was a noticeable backward slide into the numb feet etc. I have had my 2nd round now, and am not noticing as much of a change. The problem is that what happens is so individual, it makes it hard to say how it will work for you. Just stay in tune with your body after you get your IVIG.

Good luck with it! Jo on this board has been able to drive again and walk again on her own.

Wishing you all the best, Jen

Thanks Jen…I’m ready for treatment. One symptom that really bothers
Me is tiredness . I’m hoping treatment might help with this

Jen said:

Hi Cage!

As the month went along after my first round, I noticed the change in my feet and hands. Letting go too long before the 2nd, there was a noticeable backward slide into the numb feet etc. I have had my 2nd round now, and am not noticing as much of a change. The problem is that what happens is so individual, it makes it hard to say how it will work for you. Just stay in tune with your body after you get your IVIG.

Good luck with it! Jo on this board has been able to drive again and walk again on her own.

Wishing you all the best, Jen

One symptom I'm struggling with is tiredness. I sometimes feel absolutely exhausted. It doesn't seem to matter

what I'm doing it just hits me suddenly. I hope treatment will help with this symptom

That's part of it. But even with the treatment fatigue is still a factor. After the first round my energy level began to build and I was feeling pretty perky, until I let the interval go too long. This round has left me really dragged down, and now a week and a half later, am beginning to feel better. This seems to be a disease etc. that leaves you guessing as to how things will go. Just watch the interval between treatment rounds........your body will tell you when it's time. The holidays etc. got in the way and then it was a backslide.

Just stay strong and optimistic no matter what!

Jen

Cage said:

One symptom I'm struggling with is tiredness. I sometimes feel absolutely exhausted. It doesn't seem to matter

what I'm doing it just hits me suddenly. I hope treatment will help with this symptom

Hi.

I felt lucky as i felt no real side effects..BUT no improvement either :(. My Doc said improvements (If there are any). should be quite quickly noticeable.