Any good advice for recovering from a fall?

'Grace'did it again, if it's there I'll fall in it, over it, down it! Besides a hot bath and a determination to keep moving, any suggestions for me?

I guess we all fall a lot. That is what sent me to disability ,one good fall. I still dance,walk with my ShihTzu Bella in a stroller,so I can balance. I do everything I can with one good leg and one crippled one. I find I tip to one side frequently. I am always grabbing a wall,chair or anything for balance. I will never give up! I know I have had this all of my life,but it got bad 7 years ago. Don’t feel sorry for yourself! Laugh a lot! Work around your CMT! Just keep trying!

Thank you Karen, I admire your spirit! I just love that you still dance!

Oh yes, gotta laugh, especially at myself!

I have used a recumbent bike to maintain my movement. It does not put any stress on your joints but allows you to keep yourself moving without the concern of falling (unless you fall asleep and fall off the bike). I wish I had more to give you but your attitude is awsome and I appreciate that you are not a quitter. I remember a podiatrist once told me that I must have never played sports, I pole vaulted 13'93/4" in 1962, landing in sand. He said, you were never in the military, I told him I served in Vietnam in 1966-67. I, like you don't want to give in to anything. GOD has been good to me and I have a wonderful family that supports me in everything I undertake. Thanks SK for your wonderful encouragement!!

Thanks VietVet, just realize that I'm the only one here that doesn't have CMT, I have Psoriatic Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynaud's Phenomenon. Mine are genetic, but autoimmune in nature.

I know, what am I doing here? Offering support and learning all I can about CMT!

It seems like since I started taking magnesium the leg cramps are not as frequent. Only when I have a very active day.

That's how I feel. I'm not to throw in the towel yet. Lets keep going. Our bodies tell us when to rest.

Karen said:

I guess we all fall a lot. That is what sent me to disability ,one good fall. I still dance,walk with my ShihTzu Bella in a stroller,so I can balance. I do everything I can with one good leg and one crippled one. I find I tip to one side frequently. I am always grabbing a wall,chair or anything for balance. I will never give up! I know I have had this all of my life,but it got bad 7 years ago. Don't feel sorry for yourself! Laugh a lot! Work around your CMT! Just keep trying!