CIDP Diet

I have looked on a couple of sites on the internet and tried to come up with a CIDP diet. The problem is that I can't find an actual CIDP diet only bits of information here and there saying either this is a good thing to eat or this is a bad thing to eat. To make matters worse sometimes I have found the same food listed as good to eat if you have CIDP then I read it should be avoided if you have CIDP. Anyway I have compiled this list of what I have read so far and although some of the reports of certain foods are conflicting I just listed what I have read so far and maybe some of you have an opinion on this list and can shed light on why some of the same foods are listed in some places as both bad and good for CIDP. I don't know enough to recommend or dispute this list it is just me trying to compile everything I have read so far in one place. I really wish they would come up with something shown to regenerate the myelin sheath but maybe that is wishful thinking on my part. Anyway, here is the list I have compiled so far. Does anyone have any comments, additions, or maybe does anyone think something should be removed from the "include" or the "avoid" list?

CIDP Diet

There is no specific diet just various sources on foods to include and foods to avoid.

Foods to include:

Almonds

Anti inflammatory diet

Apples

Bananas

Beef-sparingly, well cooked

Bread only if necessary and then whole grain only

Brown rice

Chicken

Eggs – some say yes and some no

Fats that are high in omega – 3 fatty acids

Fish oil supplement

Flaxseed for omega-3

Fruits

Fruits, colored

Grains but maybe not wheat

Grapes, red

Green tea

Honey, Organic non-filtered

Low fat diet

Milk, organic

Olive oil

Protein

Red grapes

Rice, brown only

Salad dressing, vinegar based

Salads

Salmon

Shrimp

Swank MS diet – maybe, not sure

Tea, green

Tuna

Turkey

Turmeric spice (anti-inflammatory)

Vegetables

Vinegar

Vinegar salad dressings

Vitamin B-12

Vitamin D

Water

Foods to avoid:

Butter

Canned soups

Cheese

Corn

Fast foods

Frozen foods

Frozen soups

High calorie diet

Hydrogenated fats

Ice-cream

Meat, red

Peanuts

Potatoes – maybe not good only 1 bad review

Red meat

Refined carbohydrates

Saturated fat

Soy

Starches

Sugar

Synthetic trans fat

Tofu

Trans fat

Trans-fats

Vegetable oils are bad except olive oil is supposed to be OK

Wheat - except maybe some whole wheat

White bread

White rice – eat brown instead for omega-3

White sugar

Thank you B for taking the time to pass on this list. I have also hear to avoid caffeine and coke

Your list cuts out almost everything, so where's the list of edible foods. Gary

The first list includes things that are supposed to be good. The second one is the “avoid” list.

I just saw an article on msnbc saying high salt diets and eating fast food more than once a week can make autoimmune diseases much worse. Diet is very important I think. Have you heard of a Mediterranean diet? It’s very similar to the foods you have to include and shown to be anti inflammatory.

Heard about it but need to refresh my memory. Thanks for the nudge.