Headaches?

Did anyone else have headaches during the plateau and recovery phase of their GBS? I keep getting frequent headaches that aren’t too painful but enough to notice. I’d say I probably get close to everyday in the afternoon during work and have occassionally woken up with a slight headache near the front of my head. My MRI was perfect. Is it possible it could also be the neurontin?

Gabapentin/Neurontin

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a694007.html

The side effects for this drug can be worse than the pain. My headaches don’t always correspond to when I take the neurontin though.

I did not get headaches. Hope you get this one figured out. I do recall feeling about 20% out of it from the medication I was taking. Nebretta

I also have headaches daily. Wake up with them too. Had Ivig in May of this year.

What do you think causes your headaches?

Tally said:

I also have headaches daily. Wake up with them too. Had Ivig in May of this year.

Iam not sure. I can’t find a doctor to help me. I know after the 5 days of Ivig. I get more headaches had horrible nightmares

rockthecasbah121 said:

What do you think causes your headaches?

Tally said:

I had headaches before I was diagnosed, during and after treatment until the day before I was discharged from the hospital

I had headache too, my dr said maybe its muscle pain from lying down too much since i was hospitalize with dengue two weeks prior total of 3 weeks.

I had/have tension headaches now, never really had a headache in my life before this. I'd get a pressure each side of my head above my ears, like a clamp was on my head.

I know the feeling. I don’t want to ever have that headache again. It was driving me nuts

Nojabold said:

I had/have tension headaches now, never really had a headache in my life before this. I’d get a pressure each side of my head above my ears, like a clamp was on my head.

In terms of what causes the headaches - and I'm only speculating here I'm not a doctor - I had bad problems with my blood pressure. Once when I happened to be in the GP's office and told him I felt a bit funny, he took my blood pressure which was down to 70/42.

After that I kept a good eye on it, I never really had high blood pressure, just low and it would wax and wane. I ate a lot of salt, carrying bags of peanuts round with me to munch on to try and boost my blood pressure.

I believe that the tension headaches were a symptom of the blood pressure fluctuating. Again, I have no evidence of this other than a hunch, but if you're having headaches perhaps you should get that checked?

I have not gotten a headache for a few weeks thank God

Nojabold said:

In terms of what causes the headaches - and I’m only speculating here I’m not a doctor - I had bad problems with my blood pressure. Once when I happened to be in the GP’s office and told him I felt a bit funny, he took my blood pressure which was down to 70/42.

After that I kept a good eye on it, I never really had high blood pressure, just low and it would wax and wane. I ate a lot of salt, carrying bags of peanuts round with me to munch on to try and boost my blood pressure.

I believe that the tension headaches were a symptom of the blood pressure fluctuating. Again, I have no evidence of this other than a hunch, but if you’re having headaches perhaps you should get that checked?