New Normal?

Hello please forgive me if this piece is a tad long, however I would like to see if any of this is now my “New Normal”
I am a 57 year old man who stands 6’3 and weighs 200lbs. In 1995 I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (autoimmune) with no complications, as I just take a pill a day) and no other major health issues following that.
This year I had been feeling a tad run down (low energy) and extreme muscle cramps mainly in my toes, feet, shins and calves. After darn near every known test known to man and beast, I went to Neuro who gave me a lumbar puncture/spinal tap and found proteins in the fluid and in July of this year I was diagnosed with CIDP and put on Prednisone for 2 weeks.

On August 12th of this year I had my first 3 day Octogam which left me with all the usual side effects (nausea, dermatitis etc).

On September I had my second IVIG (a different brand) which left no unbearable side effects, but all my hardcore symptoms had returned i.e. major muscle shakes/twitches, mild cramps, muscle weakness, tired etc.
I go back for my 3rd IVIG on the 12th of November and see my Neuro on 12th December.
So far, I have been able to work at my job through most of this, just taking time occasionally. I work at mildly physically active job for 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week. I now come home from work each day and sleep for several hours, get up, have dinner and go back to bed for my 4-5 AM morning muscle cramps wake up.
Saturday I spend most of the day asleep and Sunday resting and napping.
My muscle cramps have moved from just my feet and legs to my shoulders, neck and now my right side back (and then to my legs again) with tremendous pain that 20mg OxyContin once a day will barely touch.
So, other than Oxy and Thyroid, I take no other meds.
I have tried Neurontin and it did nothing
I see a GP for pain management and other health issues.
Does any of this ring right with CIDP?
Thank you so much for your time and thank you in advance for your input.
Bob

Those other health issues you speak of just may be the CIDP rearing ite ugly head. You sound a lot like my symptoms. My neurologist now refuses Humana, so I must start all over again on Nov. 29th. I will need IVIg before thn, so it will be out of pocket, I guess $10000. What a life!

DocMac: If possible, see if your current neurologist will order your November treatment to be done at home with an infusion company that takes Humana. He/she can still give the orders. If my insurance didn't cover treatments, I probably would not do them. A non-Humana doctor CAN give orders to a covered infusion agency, and the service will be covered. Hope this can pan out for you.

DocMac said:

Those other health issues you speak of just may be the CIDP rearing ite ugly head. You sound a lot like my symptoms. My neurologist now refuses Humana, so I must start all over again on Nov. 29th. I will need IVIg before thn, so it will be out of pocket, I guess $10000. What a life!