Progress oh yeah baby

Today my wife drove me from Clovis to Los Angeles to see my neurologist. She smacked my right knee with her reflex hammer and for the first time in over a year after a loading dose and seven treatments I got a reflex back . Whooooop Hooooooo Yippeeeerrr can you tell I was surprised and happy it’s starting to turn around. : ))))))

That's terrific, Robert! Thanks for sharing the good news. :)

that is great news - thank you for sharing!

Great news. I never lost knee reflexes but have none in my ankles. Been on ivig for over a year and it has not changed. However, everything else has greatly improved! Balance is still a little wonky but physical therapy has helped greatly. Glad to hear you are doing well.

So happy for you! My son has suffered from severe CIDP for 15 years and has never regained his reflexes. However IVIG and prednisone and cellcept have given him much improvement. Celebrate every victory and this is certainly one to celebrate!!! God Bless!

Thanks for this info. Will look into AFOs. Did not know they existed.
mdolich said:

Melanie, have you looked into AFO’s for your balance? I wear them on both lower legs and it helps me with my balance so much. Just a thought.

melaniemassey said:

Great news. I never lost knee reflexes but have none in my ankles. Been on ivig for over a year and it has not changed. However, everything else has greatly improved! Balance is still a little wonky but physical therapy has helped greatly. Glad to hear you are doing well.

Robert,

This is very happy news. I have had CIDP for a year now with 7 IVIG infusions and have not seen much improvement in my condition. Maybe number 8 will be the magic number. Wishing you all the best in your recovery. Keep up you positive attitude. Have a good day.

Great news glad to hear!!

you might want to look into prednisone and talk to your dr.

purple sunflower said:

Robert,

This is very happy news. I have had CIDP for a year now with 7 IVIG infusions and have not seen much improvement in my condition. Maybe number 8 will be the magic number. Wishing you all the best in your recovery. Keep up you positive attitude. Have a good day.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you I can’t tell everyone how excited I am. My dr was happy as well. Because I was injured falling through a concrete slab no one had thought to check the condition of my knees. Last week the left had multiple tears addressed and damaged cartilage addressed. This week the right one is being addressed to isolate as much as possible nerve damage from joint damage that may or may not be contributing to wobbling and difficulty walking.

Good news!