Help

New to this. I am hoping someone can help me out a bit. Some of you appear to be quite informed.

Does anyone know if medicare advantage plans pay for IVIG's. In Nebraska I am not eligible for a supplemental plan, as I am disabled and under 65, so I had to go the advantage plan. Well if I have to pay 20% of the cost, then it isn't going to happen. As you all know the iv's are too expensive for that.

In the past when I had them, I was employed and had health insurance that would pay most of cost, but new to medicare and I don't know what to expect.

I am on disability and under 65. I live in Washington state and am on a medical advantage plan. This year I had to pay $3400 for having IVIG treatments in Jan. and Feb. The rest of the year I have not had to pay anything for them. It probably depends on the insurance plan you have.

shmabi said:

I am on disability and under 65. I live in Washington state and am on a medical advantage plan. This year I had to pay $3400 for having IVIG treatments in Jan. and Feb. The rest of the year I have not had to pay anything for them. It probably depends on the insurance plan you have.

You might want to check a website www.patientservicesinc.org - they only cover two different IVIG drugs so you need top check also do not wait to look into their website because this program is based on donations and is open one day then the program can be closed because they are a 100 % for 4 to 6 mos - if closed check it every week. If you are not on one of the two drugs they cover your doctor might be willing to switch drugs - I know that this program for CIDP covers premium I am not sure about co-pays but call them they are very helpful. Also if this does not work check with the manufacture of the actual IVIG drug. They might be able to help as well.. Good luck and I hope this helps

Littleone

I am not sure about medicare -but there are a couple of things you can check out. First checkout this website - https://www.patientservicesinc.org (they only cover to different IVIG medications so you would need to verify which ones - I believe that one is Gamakid (spelling) and the other no sure) as they can help with premium payments as long as this program is still open - as tonight they are still accepting new applications (at this point they are helping me out by paying my heath insurance premium of $385 a month - since ssa has currently issued a denial on my first submission of my claim & have had to hire an attorney to help me out) -the other option is to check with the manufacturer of the IVIG medication you are currently on and see if they have some type of patient assistance program. There are a number of manufacturing companies that can and will help with this. Trust me I totally understand - I was receiving the IVIG treatments every 8 wks at a cost of about $32,000 for two days of treatment. I currently have Kaiser and do have to pay any co-pays at this point. Check it out - I would start with the manufacture of the medication - the pharmacy or infusion clinic should be able to give you the information

I hope this helps - please let me know if I can be of any more help please let me know - my email is ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■'

Yoshi