Thyroid

Hi all, Hope you are doing better then me. I'm back in a wheelchair. Does anyone know if thyroid effects CIDP?

Amazingly in the last month I've been told that a ... long line of conditions ... ( including Thyroid ) is linked to Auto Immune conditions. I am investigating a little more around Thyroid - ( I've had my Thyroid removed twice and the second time 3 para thyroids as well ) The Neuro wants to run two additional tests late April - ... as always hope to understand a little more. What led you to the Thyroid question ? Hope your day is special, Autumn has arrived in Australia, always special

Thanks for replying Janie, I developed a growth in my neck and was having a hard time breathing. Also my legs keep getting weaker, painful and real shakie to the point I'm back in my wheelchair. My primary sent me to a ENT who did the test and found that my thyroid was very high and the growth had nothing to do with it and since my cidp was so bad I wondered if it had anything to do with it. I hope you get good news from the doctors.

Janie said:

Amazingly in the last month I've been told that a ... long line of conditions ... ( including Thyroid ) is linked to Auto Immune conditions. I am investigating a little more around Thyroid - ( I've had my Thyroid removed twice and the second time 3 para thyroids as well ) The Neuro wants to run two additional tests late April - ... as always hope to understand a little more. What led you to the Thyroid question ? Hope your day is special, Autumn has arrived in Australia, always special

Hi rickinmo, Can I ask what kind of treatment,if any, you are getting for your cidp?

I came home in a wheelchair, after almost 5 months in the hospital , but only used it for a week or two since I'm getting my strength back.

I don't want to go back to it, so I want to know what signs to watch out for that the condition is coming back. What is your doctor going to do about your regression?

Jeff

Jeff I get 45gr of IVIG every 10 days and since I got my thyroid levels normal I feel that they are helping again. The first thing. that happens when I relapse is I get weaker and shakey and then tired all the time.
Rick
Jeff said:

Hi rickinmo, Can I ask what kind of treatment,if any, you are getting for your cidp?

I came home in a wheelchair, after almost 5 months in the hospital , but only used it for a week or two since I'm getting my strength back.

I don't want to go back to it, so I want to know what signs to watch out for that the condition is coming back. What is your doctor going to do about your regression?

Jeff

"weaker,shaky and tired all the time"? I tried telling my wife that and she just told me I'm getting old.

No,seriously, thanks for the reply. That is kind of what worries me about expecting a regression. I
ALWAYS feel weak, and tired, and the steroids make me a little shaky. What keeps me going,though, is comparing what I can do today versus yesterday. Always on my guard for the weakness coming back ~ that's why I asked. The doctors say I'll know it when it comes back, but I trust your first hand experience more than their text book experience.

Where are you in Mo? We used to live in Camdenton...I love it down there.

Hope you get out of that chair quick!