Tired of being tired

Does anyone else have a problem of sleeping 12 hours a night and waking up tired? I could fall asleep in the afternoon too. I've had my first IVIG infusion for CIDP and will have another in about a week. It did help with the pain.

Hi Jan, I have days like that. Like I can not get enough rest to charge my batteries back up. I am not sure if IVig amplifies this or not. I do know I felt bad for about a week after treatment . I hope you start getting your energy back with more treatments.
Charles

Thanks Charles. I'll get my second infusion in a couple of weeks. I really didn't expect to feel an improvement for about six months. I was delighted to be pain free for three days. I can't remember how long ago I was pain free. I'll take the sleep:)

Jan

Making lemonade said:

Hi Jan, I have days like that. Like I can not get enough rest to charge my batteries back up. I am not sure if IVig amplifies this or not. I do know I felt bad for about a week after treatment . I hope you start getting your energy back with more treatments.
Charles

Before ivig I was sleeping 18 of 24 after I sleep at night and nap during the day but I am awake more.

Thank you, Robert. How long did it take to be more awake?

Jan

Robert Martin said:

Before ivig I was sleeping 18 of 24 after I sleep at night and nap during the day but I am awake more.

IVIG can knock you out. Or it may not depending on your metabolism or something. I've been on the juice for over 8 years annd it knocks me out really bad now. Sometimes, I may have an active conversation throughout the infusion and I don't feel tired at all. Then once the needle is pulled it hits me like a ton of bricks and when the Nurse leaves I have to go to bed for a few hours. Everyones different I believe.

I'm glad to hear that it's not one more new issue that I have developed. Thank you so much for sharing what happens to you.

Jan

trainwreck said:

IVIG can knock you out. Or it may not depending on your metabolism or something. I've been on the juice for over 8 years annd it knocks me out really bad now. Sometimes, I may have an active conversation throughout the infusion and I don't feel tired at all. Then once the needle is pulled it hits me like a ton of bricks and when the Nurse leaves I have to go to bed for a few hours. Everyones different I believe.

I am constantly fatigued but about a week after the IVIG I can feel charged up, like my old self almost. I just try to get things done when I feel good and give in and rest when I don't.