Extreme pain, burning stinging before it rains

Does anyone else have stinging, burning pain in the hands, wrists, feet and legs before it is going to rain.

I never wanted to be a weather forecaster but I am.

Mamabeaar

I also am a "weather forecaster", I attributed it to my osteoarthritis, but since my accurate diagnosis of cidp, it is what really acts up with the same symptoms you have mentioned. I will be zinged or zapped with an unexpected burning pain that seems to hit me during a time before rain or drops in the barometric pressure(kind of like dogs know the weather is going to change). I also get these stinging, burning pains at other strange times for unknown reasons to me. Does anyone else get these? Pumpkin

The top of my hands burn sometimes for days. It isn't triggered by rain that I know. I actually can't seem to find out what triggers this symptom. But it is going on right now. They burn almost like a bad sunburn but the burning is in the deep tissue not the skin. I rub them a lot to make them feel better. It is related to my CIDP as this never happened before I was diagnosed.

My hands, and lower arms, legs (knees down) burn when it is cold. Which is strange because I don't feel the cold on those areas. I take the dogs out in the morning in shorts, and only feel the cold wind above the knees and elbows.

I get this pain and burning sensations 24/7
It never stops. It does get worse at times it seems to happen if i have used my hands for a short period of time and or have done some more than usual walking. When going to bed at night, I get sharp stabbing like pain in the top of my feet and toes. I saw my doctor today and he is putting me on Gabapentin and Tram adolescents for nerve pain. I receive Inravenous Immunoglobulin Infusions every 6 weeks and go to Physical Therapy 2 times a week. So far with having GPS and CID for a year now, nothing has helped or improved. I also have very poor balance, walk with a cane, have fallen several times, developed drop foot in my left foot, use a prosthetic device on my left foot and have been out of work for over a year now.

Hi Jim, when I didn't get enough ivig I had the pain and burning 24/7 too. The kind not related to cold. It improved within months of getting the right amount and so did my balance. 6 weeks is a long stretch for ivig. Maybe an adjustment would help. Getting ivig every 3 weeks is more common and might be better especially if you have developed a foot drop. It may still repair itself if given the right dosage. You should be getting better.

Jim Goff said:

I get this pain and burning sensations 24/7
It never stops. It does get worse at times it seems to happen if i have used my hands for a short period of time and or have done some more than usual walking. When going to bed at night, I get sharp stabbing like pain in the top of my feet and toes. I saw my doctor today and he is putting me on Gabapentin and Tram adolescents for nerve pain. I receive Inravenous Immunoglobulin Infusions every 6 weeks and go to Physical Therapy 2 times a week. So far with having GPS and CID for a year now, nothing has helped or improved. I also have very poor balance, walk with a cane, have fallen several times, developed drop foot in my left foot, use a prosthetic device on my left foot and have been out of work for over a year now.

Hi Yes I get aches and pains when the pressure is high. I live in Spain so we do not get a lot of rain but this is the rainey season. I put it down to my hip replacements but the pain gets easier when I have IVig treatment which I have every 5/6 weeks. The pain works it way down through my buttocks to the back of my legs and into my calves.

With regard to walking my physiotherapist is pleased that I use a Rollator when walking long distances i.e. Shopping centres. as she says that I stand up straight, walk faster, use my upper body and arms more. I walk badly if I use a walking stick. Don't be vain my Rollator has been jazzed up with go faster stripes and makes people smile.