That terrible feeling

I am wondering if anyone else has this. You feel as all the nerves in your body are being electrocuted? Like a low amperage charge is being applied everywhere at once. Or even worse, the feeling that your brain is in a paint shaker, go to a hardware store and watch it sometime. I can so relate to the paint. I do have nerves that have been eaten, then grow back to big giving me compressed nerves especially in my right arm. Feels like i hit my funnybone all the time.

I can relate to what you are saying to the extent that my legs feel like they are "buzzing" all the time - it is with me every moment. Think a slightly faulty fluro light that is humming and you get an idea of my "buzz" but it is inside my legs. For me the "jolt" is when, for no obvious reason, I get a message from my legs to say there is a muscle cramp. It could be real or some phantom message from failed nerves - but is sure a real enough feeling!

I consider myself fortunate that my major symptoms are limited to my legs.

Hello,

You don't mention any meds you are taking for your "nerve" issues. I can sympathize with you, I take Gabapentin for the electric shocks I feel. Gabapentin mostly keeps it in check, but once in awhile I will get a zing - anywhere from the top of my head to my finger tips, my legs, arms. But the zing that shoots out the top of my head hurts the most, I tell my husband he should be seeing my hair standing straight out from my head.

Lindae

Here's something funny.The other night I kept getting ectric shocks in my foot and leg. Thinking it was the eletric blanket I quickly turned it off. Next day I bought a new one. That night I got more shocks. Then the penny dropped. The jolts that I'm getting feel like I'm having a nerve conduction test only worse. Oh well at least I've got a new elec blanket.( I hope I don't get them as bad as Lindae.I can't imangine the pain she is going through). I also keep dropping things, which is very annoying. I have "pickup tools" in the main rooms. Sometimes things just seem to fly out of my hands.A while back I was eating a icecream cone. The next thing I know it went flying. I turned to ask my son "where did that go", He couldn't answer because he was in fits of laughter. He said it looked so funny flying to the other side of the room. anyway the cat enjoyed it' lol

Well, I can say ditto to most all that has been stated. The sudden dropping thing really is annoying, I agree. The shocks and buzzing is often relieved by lying down in bed; and feels almost like a Restless Legs Syndrome issue mixed with the CIDP, combined with the nerve conduction test feeling, all at once.

Does anyone have an opinion on what's the best medication for these "electrical" buzzes. Some say Lyrica, others gabapentin.

on 4800 mg of gabapentin daily

Lindae said:

Hello,

You don't mention any meds you are taking for your "nerve" issues. I can sympathize with you, I take Gabapentin for the electric shocks I feel. Gabapentin mostly keeps it in check, but once in awhile I will get a zing - anywhere from the top of my head to my finger tips, my legs, arms. But the zing that shoots out the top of my head hurts the most, I tell my husband he should be seeing my hair standing straight out from my head.

Lindae

Lyrica is just a higher quality of gabapentin but both work equally well in my opinion
JanaC said:

Does anyone have an opinion on what's the best medication for these "electrical" buzzes. Some say Lyrica, others gabapentin.

omg!! i can relate, i hate the flying object part of it all

shirl3 said:

Here's something funny.The other night I kept getting ectric shocks in my foot and leg. Thinking it was the eletric blanket I quickly turned it off. Next day I bought a new one. That night I got more shocks. Then the penny dropped. The jolts that I'm getting feel like I'm having a nerve conduction test only worse. Oh well at least I've got a new elec blanket.( I hope I don't get them as bad as Lindae.I can't imangine the pain she is going through). I also keep dropping things, which is very annoying. I have "pickup tools" in the main rooms. Sometimes things just seem to fly out of my hands.A while back I was eating a icecream cone. The next thing I know it went flying. I turned to ask my son "where did that go", He couldn't answer because he was in fits of laughter. He said it looked so funny flying to the other side of the room. anyway the cat enjoyed it' lol

I was on lyrica and some other chemicals..... It made me dizzy.... so i fell often. My feet became so swollen from the drug that it made it worse. I bought a magnetic matress pad from Nikken and it seems to help a lot. I sometimes think that all the chemicals we get exposed to are the start of why we all got so sick, so i try to use ibuprofen for the really bad days and I sleep on my magnets. I was able to get of the ground now myself the first time in over a year and a half. The tingling, buzzing, cramping and shooting pains got much better after about a few weeks on the magnet pad. The magnet pad is nice because its movable. I hope you feel better soon.

Hello everyone, Is restless legs a part of CIDP.? I am now getting it in the arms.I can't sleep when this is happening. I ended up taking 3 sleeping pills to knock me out. The last one at 6am got me to sleep at last for about 3 hours.I was walking around the house to try to get some relief but that didn't work. Thank goodness I have a wheelie walker. without it I would be falling over all the time.I live on my own so I must be extra carefull.My MD was going to give me some tablets but I couldn't take them because one of the side effects was that you can fall asleep suddenly. I might have be crossing the road and bang I would have gone to sleep. Or faling asleep around the house and end up hurting myself.I am at my wits end and it is all quite depressing.